- Home /
- Clinical Studies
Viviscal presented statistically significant results from their latest clinical study at the World Congress for Hair Research 2013. The study is one of the world's largest double-blind, multi-site, placebo-controlled clinical studies on women's hair supplements.
The 7th World Congress for Hair Research in Edinburgh, Scotland, 4th - 6th May, 2013. The triennial congress gathers hair research societies from across the world as the foremost conference for those with an interest in hair, including specialist physicians, dermatologists, surgeons and scientists from academia and industry.
This 6 month multi-site, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study conducted in association with independent contract research organisation Stephens & Associates Inc used a phototrichogram image analysis approach to assess whether daily ingestion of Viviscal® supplements containing marine proteins altered hair growth in females.
Viviscal has published multiple clinical trials and continues to work with world-leading hair experts and organisations.
List of Studies:
- • In 2011, Dr Glynis Ablon, MD, FAAD, and of the Ablon Skin Institute Research Center, University of California, USA, conducted 6 month a clinical trial on Viviscal amongst her female dermatology clients which was published in The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, November 2012
- • Dr Brooke Jackson, MD and Board Certified Dermatologist of the Skin Wellness Center of Chicago, USA, conducted a 4 month study in 2011 of African American women taking Viviscal
- • In 2010, Independent Research Center, Thomas J. Stephens & Associates, Inc. conducted a pilot study on females with Viviscal
- • In 1997 Jose Marcos Pereira conducted a study on 200 males. The study was published in ‘Revista Brasileira do Medicina’
- • A. Lassus, J. Santalahti, and M. Sellman published a study on 30 males in ‘Les Dermatologiques, Anglo-French International Dermatology in 1994
- • A separate study on 40 males was conducted by A. Lassus and E. Eskelinen in 1992. Both were members of the Department for Dermatological Research, ARS-Medicina, Helsinki, Finland.
If you are a medical professional and would like to see our trial results in detail please contact us. If you are a consumer and have questions please contact us with your questions by calling 0845 399 0022 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org