- Home /
- Summer Hair Heaven with Richard Ward | Viviscal
Get your hair summer ready with Viviscal® and Richard Ward
The Viviscal® Hair Growth and Care programme
The secret to holiday hair heaven
With summer just around the corner, we’re all busy transforming our wardrobes, painting our toenails and moisturising our skin. So Viviscal® and Celebrity and Royal Hairdresser Richard Ward, want to remind women everywhere not to forget about their hair. With just a little bit of preparation it can be protected from the drying effects of sun, sea and sand - making sure it’s fuller, glossier and healthier all summer long!
“As the season changes our hair changes with it. When the sun comes out it can play havoc with hair, as it struggles to cope with extra humidity, sun exposure and additional contact with salt or chlorine water. By taking just a few simple steps, you can help to minimise summer damage to your hair. So I’ve worked with Viviscal® to bring you my top tips for getting hair sunshine ready this summer”.
- Take the 90 day challenge – start your day with scientifically proven Viviscal® supplements and you will feel the difference in 90 days. I’m a great believer in the range and recommend it to all of my clients when they suffer from fine, flat thinning or damaged hair
- Trim ends – at the beginning of the summer make sure you get a good haircut or trim. It will help to keep dry and split ends under control throughout the warmer months
- Moisture balance – as the humidity in the air starts to increase, it is time to change your conditioning habits. If you notice static, dry ends, lots of tangles, or a rough finish, then your hair is lacking moisture and needs to be deep conditioned. But if it suddenly seems limp or oily, you need to switch to a lighter moisture conditioner, a balancing conditioner, or condition less frequently
- Sun damage – just as sun ages skin, it damages hair and causes dryness. To minimise the damaging effects of the sun, try a UV protecting shampoo, conditioner and styling aids, especially when you are on holiday
- Chlorine build – if you spend a lot of time in the pool, you’ll notice the chlorine building up in your hair and causing damage and dry ends. Wash your hair thoroughly after swimming with a clarifying shampoo and follow with a balancing conditioner
- Healthy highlights – frizzy and dry ends can be more pronounced in the summer, as people spend time in the sun and in the water. Protein treatments or protein enhanced conditioners can help to restore strength in highlighted hair. Finish with Viviscal® Volumising Hair Fibres, as they come in a wide variety of hair colours and cling to the scalp to disguise any thinner patches or wider partings
- Deep condition – regular deep conditioning is important and a monthly treatment can help to prevent damage and keep hair soft.