- Home /
- Mark Cropley | National Hair Loss Awareness Month | Viviscal
The Viviscal® Have a Good Hair Day Panel
In support of National Hair Loss Awareness Month
Media psychologist, Mark Cropley, explains the real thoughts and feelings behind a Good Hair Day
“Hair loss or thinning, often recognised by women as their hair feeling flatter or finer, is both an emotional and a physical problem and one that is much more common than people might think” says media psychologist Mark Cropley.
Viviscal® research shows that hair condition directly correlates to emotional wellbeing, with 90% of women saying that hair helps to define who they are, 73% saying that losing hair is their biggest fear and 59% saying that a Bad Hair Day can leave them feeling sad, self-conscious and worried. But when they have a Good Hair Day, women say they feel more attractive and happier within themselves*.
“Hair loss can be a vicious cycle because it is so linked to a woman’s emotional wellbeing,” adds Mark. “The more worried you become about thinning hair, the more hair you could lose. I always tell women to start with the below five things - it’s not rocket science - but people forget how deeply hair health can be affected by the wider lifestyle choices we make.”
• Hydrate – keep both yourself and your hair hydrated by drinking lots of water. Dehydrated hair will be dry, frizzy and prone to breaking
• Sleep – if you want your hair to reach its full health potential, make sure you get lots of sleep and you’ll see it benefit your hair as well as your mind
• De-stress – negative emotions can play a big part in hair loss, so finding time to relax will lead to glossier locks
• Exercise – exercise increases blood flow which in turn stimulates hair growth, so hit the gym for happier hair
• Eat healthily – cut down on the things you don’t need, (eg. caffeine, nicotine and excess sugar) and get lots of things you do, (vitamins and minerals)
• Take the 90 day challenge – start your day with Viviscal® supplements because they are scientifically proven to help make hair thicker, fuller and healthier in 90 days. I also recommend using the Viviscal® Gentle Shampoo and Conditioner as part of a daily routine to gently cleanse the scalp and help to create the ideal environment for healthy hair growth.
“The hardest thing for women is to try and keep positive. If you are suffering from hair thinning, shredding or loss, it can feel like a very long regrowth process, so try to stay positive and know that you are not suffering alone.”
The Viviscal® Good Hair Day will take place on Wednesday 14th May and National Hair Loss Awareness Month runs throughout May.
Stay tuned for further advice and tips from the expert Have a Good Hair Day Panel and see who will be unveiled as the Viviscal® celebrity ambassador next Wednesday.
Viviscal®. The secret to a Good Hair Day.
Take the Viviscal® 90 Day Challenge and Feel the Difference #Viviscal90Days
* Figures obtained from the Viviscal Hair Confessions Survey conducted globally between September and November 2013 with 6,759 participants